Home > Program Locations > Quito
Volunteer Projects in Quito, Ecuador
Quito the capital of Ecuador, is nestled in an Andean valley at an elevation of 9000 feet. The historic center of Quito, known as the "Old City" is replete with narrow and winding cobblestone streets, magnificent churches, and open squares. The importance of the colonial remnants found in the Old City prompted UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization) to declare Quito a Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 1979, THE BEST PLACE TO BE A VOLUNTEER.
Children & Youth:
- Day Care Center at "El Tejar"
- Indigenous Day Care Center at San Roque
- Day Care Centers in the South of Quito
- Foundation for children with special needs (Mental Disabilities)
- Angels' Home Day Care Center (Mental Disabilities)
Environment & Agriculture:
- Teach children in the south of Quito
- Indigenous School at San Roque
- Deaf and Blind Children care and teaching
- Live and help Indigenous families in Cotacachi
- Children and community development in La Esperanza
- Quito's Cultural Heritage promotion